Kindergarten classroom information for Arnold kindergarten parents

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Getting Ready For School!

I can't wait! The first day of school is just around the corner. It has always been an exhilarating anticipation...back to school!

My room is still in quite a bit of disarray. Books and other items need to be re-shelved due to a bit of downsizing. A new reading series has been adopted and room will need to be found for its various components. I do have an extreme amount of work in front of me but know that I will get through it with little or no complaint. Last year, our school was in the process of remodeling. We were not in the building until October. It was impossible to have things the way that I wanted them to be! Some work could have been done in my room over the Christmas holidays but workers were still in the building and we were asked not to come. For that very reason, I am thrilled to be starting the year under "normal" circumstances!

Our school has had many changes this year. We have added another kindergarten class. (I am so excited!) This should keep our class size smaller than in the past few years. We have also added a fourth grade class. The only grade with only two classes now is fifth grade. Our school is growing!

Next time: St. Louis National Reading First Conference

No comments: